NECC 2008 – Edubloggercon
I haven’t been to NECC in years so I was really jazzed to be able to come this year to San Antonio. I came in with no agenda; my plan was to simply soak it all in at Edubloggercon. I think I did a good job of that.
On Saturday I met a TON of people – old blogging friends, famous blogging friends, new blogging friends – the whole works. It was great to finally meet some people with whom I’ve interacted regularly. It was equally as fun interacting with new folks that I’d never met before. I now have a bunch of new blogging buddies. I appreciated everyone who went out of their way to come say hello. Folks have been very kind and gracious here.
Many people were Tweeting, blogging, etc. yesterday. I didn’t even touch my laptop until the end of the day. Too many conversations!
My favorite moments of Edubloggercon
- Putting faces with blogs/names
- Meeting a boatload of new, interesting people
- Our conversation about Here Comes Everybody (I probably talked too much…)
- Our conversation about the importance of leadership
Some interesting posts about Saturday
- EdubloggerCon and my need for Beta Time
- Growing pains at NECC’s EduBloggerCon 08
- Edubloggercon’s not an unconference: here’s why
- EdubloggerCon 2008
- Bowling Alone vs. Here Comes Everybody…
- Live blogging EBC 2008 – Part 2
- Podcast 260: Edubloggercon 2008…
I don’t share many of the concerns that others expressed. Although Pearson’s filming was a bit intrusive at times, it didn’t bother me so much, even when I was facilitating. Mostly I just had a great time. I think Vinnie’s got it right – growing pains that we’ll have to work through for next year (when Edubloggercon’s even bigger!)…
Some Edubloggercon pictures from my NECC Flickr set