Responsibility for asking the right questions
The American Association of School Administrators (AASA), the national organization for school superintendents, asked me to write a column for its monthly magazine, The School Administrator. That article is now available:
In the article, I recommended that superintendents ask some key leadership questions:
- When and why do we use digital technology in our classrooms?
- How does our usage of digital technologies align with our curricula and instructional goals?
- How do we know whether technology is being used effectively in the classroom?
- What positive results are we seeing from our use of digital instructional technologies?
- What are the barriers to effective technology usage by students and teachers?
- How can technology better facilitate student learning?
What would you add to the list?