This year I’m going to try and do a better job of letting folks know where I’m going to be. David Warlick’s excellent at this… (* = public events)
- Jan 5 – working with the leadership team for Newton (IA) CSD; also visiting Van Meter (IA) CSD
- Jan 6* – technology leadership workshops for SAI in Council Bluffs, IA
- Jan 7* – technology leadership workshops for SAI in Ames, IA
- Jan 8 – meeting with ISEA, Des Moines, IA
- Jan 9 – online mini keynote for Web 2.0 Learning Institute, Montclair, NJ; participant in meeting of Iowa Coalition for Innovation & Growth, Des Moines, IA
- Jan 12* – technology leadership workshops for SAI in Coralville, IA
- Jan 15* – technology leadership workshops for Metro ECSU, MN
- Jan 16* – technology leadership workshops for SAI in Des Moines, IA
- Jan 20 – visiting Carroll (IA) High School; meeting with Ankeny (IA) CSD
- Jan 21 – participant in meeting of Iowa’s Wallace Foundation Grant advisory group, SAI, Des Moines, IA
- Jan 22 – technology leadership workshops for AEA 267, Cedar Falls, IA
- Jan 26 – technology leadership meeting at Iowa Department of Education; participant in Superintendents Roundtable for Iowa Department of Economic Development; panel presenter at Iowa Business Council Annual Partnership Meeting (all in Des Moines, IA)
- Jan 27 – participant in Iowa Department of Economic Development Legislative Breakfast & Innovation and Education Day at the Capitol
- Jan 29* – endowed lecture for University of Oklahoma K20 Center Winter Institute
Plus the usual workload of teaching, advising, scholarly writing, trying to hire new faculty, committee meetings, conference calls, etc.!
Thanks, Scott! Looks like we need to get you over here in Eastern Iowa a few more times in February!
I read your post and laughed when I thought about sharing mine.
Jan 1-31 Room 305 Moran Middle School
Jan 23-24 Educon 2.1 in Philly!
@Matt: Sounds good to me. Send me an invite!
@Paul: I’m jealous. Wish I could be at Educon!
It’s not heaven, it’s Iowa!
This may be a bit presumptuous of me, but most of my wife’s family live in Iowa, and I’m a hawkeye myself, so I don’t need much of an excuse to hop in a car and head to Iowa City. I see that you’re going to be in Coralville soon. If you ever need an assistant or helping hand at a gig in Iowa City or Coralville, let me know. Love to help out and give back if I can, and visit the family at the same time!
You’ve got a few free days there… why aren’t you coming to EduCon? 😉