I am a Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Colorado Denver and the Founding Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education (CASTLE), the only university center in the U.S. dedicated to school leadership, innovation, deeper learning, and technology. I’ve worked with hundreds of schools, districts, universities, and other organizations and blog regularly here at Dangerously Irrelevant.
- December 7 – Manhattan Middle School, Boulder, Colorado
- December 7 – Bardstown City Schools, Bardstown, Kentucky
- December 7 – Ellicott School District, Calhan, Colorado
- December 8 – Commonwealth Learning Partnership, Virginia
- December 13 – OtterCares, Fort Collins, Colorado
- December 15 – Thompson School District, Loveland, Colorado
- January 11 – Manhattan Middle School, Boulder, Colorado
- January 12 – Rocky Mountain Deaf School, Denver, Colorado
- January 21 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Colorado
- January 27 – eDCSD Online, Englewood, Colorado
- February 15 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Colorado
- February 27 – Decorah Community Schools, Decorah, Iowa
- March 18-23 – Reggio Emilia, Italy
- March 29 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Colorado
- April 29 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Colorado
- May 17 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Colorado
- June 11 – InnEdCO Innovation Academy, Breckenridge, Colorado
- June 11-14 – InnEdCo Annual Conference, Breckenridge, Colorado
- June 24-28 – ISTE Live, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- July 12-15 – NASSP Ignite, Denver, Colorado
- October 26-28 – EARCOS Leadership Conference, Bangkok, Thailand
Most schools here in the U.S. now have been back for a month or two. And I’m hearing from educators that things are … ‘better.’ Which has me wondering, “How are we defining better?" As we all know, the end of the 2020 school year and the entire 2020-21 school year...
I nominated one of my doctoral students here at the University of Colorado Denver for a national award. And… she was selected! Congratulations, Shane Saeed, for being named to the 2022 Class of ASCD’s Emerging Leaders. Well deserved!
Books I finished reading (or rereading) in September 2022... The Blacktongue Thief, Christopher Buehlman (fantasy) Drysine Legacy, Joel Shepherd (sci fi) Kantovan Vault, Joel Shepherd (sci fi) Defiance, Joel Shepherd (sci fi) Knighthood of the Dragon, Chris Bunch...
Books I finished reading (or rereading) in August 2022... The Ministry for the Future, Kim Stanley Robinson (sci fi) The Poppy War, R. F. Kuang (fantasy) The Eyes of the Dragon, Stephen King (fantasy) Starman’s Saga, Colin Alexander (sci fi) Renegade, Joel Shepherd...
Books I finished reading (or rereading) in July 2022... Liberate!, Michelle S. Pledger (education) Mindspan, Gordon R. Dickson (sci fi) Colony One Mars, Gerald Kilby (sci fi) Colony Two Mars, Gerald Kilby (sci fi) Colony Three Mars, Gerald Kilby (sci fi) Jezero City:...