Just 3 days left for THE PUSH! I don't know how many of these we'll get, but today we focus on SECONDARY TEACHERS. Are there any excellent secondary teacher blogs where 7-12 educators are blogging generally about middle or high school teaching that DON'T fall into a particular subject area? In other words, generalist secondary teacher blogs? If you know of any, please add them to the Moving Forward wiki. [Note: Yesterday we worked on secondary classroom blogs where 7-12 students are writing and sharing. Also, we already covered subject-specific blogs.]
Why are we doing this?
- To identify blogs that P-12 teachers can use to initially seed (or expand) their RSS readers
- To create a single location where P-12 educators can go to see excellent educational blogging
- To highlight excellent disciplinary blogging that deserves larger audiences
- To learn from disciplines other than our own and get ideas about our own teaching and/or blogging
Thanks in advance for helping with this initiative. If we all contribute, at the end we should have a bevy of excellent P-12 blogs to which we can all point. Please spread the word about THE PUSH!
With just a few days to go, we’re doing okay in most other areas but could use some help with these:
- agricultural education blogs (only have 3),
- athletics / extracurricular activities (only have 1),
- drama / theater education blogs (only have 1),
- family / consumer sciences education blogs (only have 3),
- physical / health education blogs (only have 7), and
- school counseling / college and career counseling / career education / school psychology blogs (only have 3),
- vocational / applied / industrial technology education blogs (only have 2).
Mine isn’t the greatest, but it is a general 8th grade teacher blog.
Please consider this blog and the others referenced for social science teachers (World History, US History, US Government, and sociology)