Just 4 days left of THE PUSH! Today we focus on SECONDARY CLASSROOMS. What are some excellent secondary classroom blogs that 7-12 educators should be reading? We're looking for excellent examples of blogs where secondary students share their work. If you know of some, please add them to the Moving Forward wiki. [Note: Tomorrow we'll work on secondary teacher blogs – where teachers are writing and sharing about their lives as middle and high school educators).
Why are we doing this?
- To identify blogs that P-12 teachers can use to initially seed (or expand) their RSS readers
- To create a single location where P-12 educators can go to see excellent educational blogging
- To highlight excellent disciplinary blogging that deserves larger audiences
- To learn from disciplines other than our own and get ideas about our own teaching and/or blogging
Thanks in advance for helping with this initiative. If we all contribute, at the end we should have a bevy of excellent P-12 blogs to which we can all point. Please spread the word about THE PUSH!
FYI, yesterday was another good day for THE PUSH. We now have a list of 18 excellent general elementary teacher blogs. With 4 days to go, we’re doing okay in most other areas but could use some help with these:
- agricultural education blogs (only have 3),
- athletics / extracurricular activities (only have 1),
- drama / theater education blogs (only have 1),
- family / consumer sciences education blogs (only have 3),
- physical / health education blogs (only have 7), and
- school counseling / college and career counseling / career education / school psychology blogs (only have 3),
- vocational / applied / industrial technology education blogs (only have 2).