I am on sabbatical this Spring 2023 semester, unpacking deeper learning in innovative elementary and middle schools. You also may be interested in my two new podcasts, LeaderTalk (interviews of principals at deeper learning schools) and Redesigning for Deeper Learning (redesigning lessons for deeper learning LIVE ON AIR)? I also may have a few other things cooking… 🙂
Please get in touch if you’d like to support, chat, or learn more about any of this work!
I am a Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Colorado Denver and the Founding Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education (CASTLE), the only university center in the U.S. dedicated to school leadership, innovation, deeper learning, and technology. I’ve worked with hundreds of schools, districts, universities, and other organizations and blog frequently here at Dangerously Irrelevant.
- January 24 – Anastasis Academy, Centennial, Colorado
- January 27 – eDCSD Online, Englewood, Colorado
- January 30 – Mattoon Community Schools, Mattoon, Illinois (virtual)
- February 2 – Mattoon Community Schools, Mattoon, Illinois (virtual)
- February 6 – Center for Applied Language Studies, Eugene, Oregon (virtual)
- February 7 – Health Sciences High and Middle College, San Diego, California
- February 8 – High Tech Middle Media Arts, San Diego, California
- February 8 – High Tech Middle Chula Vista, Chula Vista, California
- February 9 – Design39, San Diego, California
- February 9 – Vista Innovation & Design Academy, Vista, California
- February 15 – Kentucky Department of Education (statewide; virtual)
- February 24 – Science Leadership Academy Middle School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- February 27 – Centre Learning Community Charter School, State College, Pennsylvania
- February 27 – Delta Program Middle School, State College, Pennsylvania
- March 18-23 – Reggio Emilia, Italy
- March 28 – Peakview Academy at Conrad Ball, Loveland, Colorado
- March 29 – Kentucky Department of Education (statewide; virtual)
- April 5 – Kentucky Department of Education (statewide; virtual)
- April 10 – Eminence Elementary School, Eminence, Kentucky
- April 10 – Grace M. James Academy of Excellence, Louisville, Kentucky
- April 11 – Explore! Community School, Nashville, Tennessee
- April 12 – Clayton-Bradley Academy, Maryville, Tennessee
- April 14 – The Mount Vernon School, Atlanta, Georgia
- April 20 – STEM School, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- June 11-14 – InnEdCo Annual Conference, Breckenridge, Colorado
- June 24-28 – ISTE Live, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- July 12-15 – NASSP Ignite, Denver, Colorado
- August-September – Colorado Association of Middle Level Education (virtual)
- October 26-28 – EARCOS Leadership Conference, Bangkok, Thailand
I am pleased to announce the launch of my second new podcast, Redesigning for Deeper Learning (R4DL), co-hosted with Lori McEwen and Julie Graber. Redesigning for Deeper Learning is a podcast in which we redesign lessons and units for deeper learning LIVE. Our goal is...
[I should have written this post a month ago but better late than never…] I read some great (and not so great) books in 2022! Here are my top few (and why)... My top book for 2022 was Changing the Subject: Twenty Years of Projects from High Tech High, by Jean Kluver...
Books I finished reading (or rereading) in January 2023... Righteous Prey, John Sandford (thriller) Marple, Agatha Christie and others (mystery) The Atlas Six, Olivie Blake (fantasy) Silverthorn, Raymond Feist (fantasy) The Flight of the Kingfisher, Chloe Garner (sci...
I am pleased to announce the launch of a new podcast, LeaderTalk. Some of you may remember all the way back to 2007, when my university center, CASTLE, launched LeaderTalk, which was the first-ever global group blog for school leaders by school leaders. The LeaderTalk...
I finally got my act together and updated my email subscriptions. Hopefully you get this post… (now from Jetpack, not Feedburner!) As always, if you get tired of my nonsense, you should be able to unsubscribe at any time from any email that you receive from...
And so it begins... I am on sabbatical in Spring 2023, unpacking deeper learning in elementary and middle schools. I have been named a New Pathways Fellow by Getting Smart in support of this work. If you would like to know more, I made a one-page summary of what I am...