2013 Illinois Principals Association
This page contains resources from my sessions at the 2013 Illinois Principals Association Fall Conference. These materials are made available under a Creative Commons 3.0 attribution-share alike license, which means that you are both allowed and encouraged to use them! Please contact me if you have any other questions about these resources.
October 21, 2013
Some things to take home with you today
- Info about UK’s School Technology Leadership programs
- FREE book chapter: Supporting effective technology integration and implementation
- 26 Internet safety talking points
Don’t believe the media hype: Empowering student agency and voice [KEYNOTE]
- Scott’s slides (URLs and other info are in notes area for each slide)
- 3 big shifts, 8 building blocks, and some guiding questions
- Scott’s TEDxDesMoines talk (8-minute version of the keynote!)
Troubleshooting your digital leadership
- Quick survey (see results)
- Do students need to learn lower-level factual and procedural knowledge before they can do higher-order thinking?
- Unconference / EdCamp resources
Recognizing effective technology integration