This page contains resources from my work with the Estherville Lincoln Central (IA) Community School District. These materials are made available under a Creative Commons 3.0 attribution-share alike license, which means that you are both allowed and encouraged to use them! Please contact me if you have any other questions about these resources.
January 16, 2012
Online learning resources
- Michael Barbour
- Keeping Pace
- PBS: Is online learning beneficial for students?
- SLOAN-C (higher ed)
- Effective practices
- Annual surveys (32% of higher ed students now take at least one online course)
- E-mail newsletter
- Other publications and resources
- My online learning bookmarks
- Iowa Learning Online
- Iowa’s ARRA grant (professional development re: effective online teaching)
- Workplace eLearning
Some structural considerations
- Time/location flex issues
Marketing / leadership
- Bolman and Deal leadership frames
- Points of resistance
- Initiative name?
- Stats and other developments?
- Governor Branstad and DE are seeking to expand Iowa Learning Online
- Michigan requires an online learning experience for every student
- See also Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Minnesota, and Virginia
- Online training in workplaces (‘eLearning’)
- WCF Courier 1, WCF Courier 2
- My video with ISD 287 (Minnesota) [VIDEO]
- The elearning revolution [VIDEO]
- The basics of blended learning [VIDEO]