Internet filtering and blocking
Some resources on Internet filtering and blocking… Let me know if you have suggestions for additions to this list!
Research on actual risks
- Juvenoia, part 1: Why Internet fear is overrated
- Juvenoia, part 2: So why are we afraid?
- Enhancing child safety and online technologies (Internet Safety Technical Task Force)
- The myth of online predators
- Online ‘predators’ and their victims
What the law requires
- Straight from the DOE: Dispelling myths about blocked sites
- FCC opens access to social media sites for e-Rate users
- What CIPA is NOT…
- What about CIPA?
- Unmasking the Digital Truth wiki
What are you really blocking?
- An open letter to school leaders now manning the firewalls of education
- What schools are really blocking when they block social media
- A tale of two students
- 2013 Clarity data item 04: Filtering and blocking (Prairie Lakes AEA data)
Getting beyond fear
- 27 Internet safety talking points
- Web 2.0 fuels content filtering debate
- The way we should be thinking about Internet filtering
- Don’t touch that dial! (a history of media technology scares)
- What’s your district’s TAR score?
- Relax. It is you… and them
- Beware of the Internet safety industrial complex
- In praise of security theater