How about a FedEx Day?
FedEx Day: a 24-hour hackathon in which individuals or teams work on new ideas and new projects. Participants must work on something that’s not part of their daily work and, most importantly, they have to deliver something in 24 hours (in the words of Seth Godin, “they need to ship“).
Here are some resources on FedEx Days generally and for schools specifically. Happy innovating!
General resources and information
- What it takes to do new things at work, overnight
- Atlassian ShipIt Days: FAQs and past events
- How to deliver innovation overnight
- Lighting corporate passion: Everything you need to know about FedEx Day
- 10 reasons why you should organize a FedEx day
- Six Feet Up’s fifth FedEx Day yields 13 successful projects
- ShipIt: A little pamphlet for people who can