By all accounts THE PUSH has been a big success. However, some areas are more difficult than others. For example, yesterday we only identified 1 excellent drama / theater education blog. That's sad, because a blog would be a great way to publicize and highlight dramatic works. The possibilities for embedded video, for example, are endless. Here’s how we’re doing in other areas:
- 21 special education blogs,
- 2 vocational / applied / industrial technology education blogs (we need more of these!),
- 5 physical / health education blogs (we still need more of these too),
- 9 music education blogs,
- 14 art education blogs,
- 11 world languages education blogs,
- 12 Social Studies education blogs,
- 17 English / language arts education blogs,
- 29 science education blogs, and
- 29 math education blogs.
Today we focus on FAMILY / CONSUMER SCIENCES EDUCATION. What are some excellent family / consumer sciences education blogs that P-12 FACS educators should be reading? We need both elementary and secondary examples. If you know of some, please add them to the Moving Forward wiki.
Why are we doing this?
- To identify blogs that P-12 teachers can use to initially seed (or expand) their RSS readers
- To create a single location where P-12 educators can go to see excellent subject-oriented educational blogging
- To highlight excellent disciplinary blogging that deserves larger audiences
- To learn from disciplines other than our own and get ideas about our own teaching and/or blogging
Thanks in advance for helping with this initiative. If we all contribute, two weeks from now we should have a bevy of excellent subject-specific blogs to which we can all point. Please spread the word about THE PUSH!